CHEERS TO FRIDAY!
Tomorrow marks the start of the year’s last quarter–my favorite one. We save the best for last and try to go out strong. More gathering and huddling.
I gathered up some of the things I’m especially loving this month for a Fall Friday Faves installment–from the best stripey fall knits for kids to the perfect pillow spray to end your day.
1. And the award for Best Stripes for Kids goes to…Mabo Kids! I am always in search of the perfect stripey knits for both me and my kids because we live in them, and they go with everything. Mabo Kids has the jackpot–amazing quality, organic cotton, stretchy, nice snug fit and long enough for my kids (long torso genes). We scooped up a few of these cozy classics for the fall/winter season, and I love them so much, I wish they had them in my size.
2. Semi-Permanent Funky Hair Color: Several of you have asked about what I use to color the tips of Lainey’s hair when we go mermaid. We use these semi-permanent dyes that last anywhere from 1-2 weeks. I paint them ombre-style in three colors on the bottom section of her hair, fold the dyed section in foils and leave it for about 20-30 minutes and then rinse. It works for light colored hair and eventually washes out.
3. Best Holiday Preorder Toy–Candylab Toys Cars: These gorgeous wood cars started as a Kickstarter campaign and marry art and play for a toy that will last generations. Your kid will play with it now and display it later. That camper though!
4. All sorts of obsessed with this Rainbow Ponte Dress from Shabby Apple for representing ALL THE THINGS–comfy, simple, colorful and a tad bit retro. When stripes and rainbows combine, it can never be wrong.
5. I Am A Story. We love this beautiful new children’s book about the power of a story. It follows the history of story-telling from caveman drawings to today’s powerful stories that inspire us and change lives. I love the last lines…”I was censored, banned and burned but did not die. I’ve inspired millions. I can go with you everywhere and will live forever. I am a story.”
6. This dress from the new boho line for girls at Target. Nella loves anything long and swishy, and the new boho girls line at Target delivers. Cute bell bottom pants, hippie florals and lots of fun pieces to celebrate the new season.
7. Bath & Body Works Aromatherapy Sleep Pillow Spray. I keep this on my nightstand and spray my pillow every night with it–an evening ritual I look forward to. The scent is total “Now close your eyes and think of Zen things.”
8. My favorite high rise jeans in all the land from Zara–I have the blue wash zip-up and black button fly ones, and they solve all my long torso probs. They’re thick and stretchy and make me feel put together no matter what I’m wearing.
9. Fall Plaid D’orsay Pump. Wear with a black turtleneck, fall scarf and your favorite jeans and you are an Autumn Class Act.
10. Time Timer. Our Time Timer is a member of our family now. A friend told me about it early in the summer, suggesting it for Dash, and I ordered one that same day. It’s a giant timer that lets kids easily determine how much time is left with a red area that slowly disappears as it gets closer to zero. We use it for time-outs, but it’s proving very helpful for Nella in promoting independent work (“Practice writing your name until the timer dings”) and iPad usage. You aren’t the bad guy anymore for calling “Time’s Up.” Time Timer takes all the heat.