Behold, on the first day of spring, I bring you sunshine! Visions of pool frolicking and popsicles and flip-flops! As warmer temps creep up on us, swimsuits are hitting shops. Because we spend so much time in the pool and at the beach in Florida, my kids have a lot swimsuits–we wear them about as much as we wear pajamas. They’re one of my favorite things to buy for my kids, and when I find my favorites, I’m all Hear ye! Hear ye! Look at this adorable suit! So, I traveled to the ends of the earth to bring you the cutest swim gear out there as you start planning those vacations, pool parties and lemonade stands. For those who are still buried in the cold, consider this post HOPE!
Happy First Day of Spring and Happy Friday! Make waves!
1. Best Print: Popupshop, JCrew.
2. Cutest Bikini: Floatimini This suit. I die. Gingham gives me heart palpitations.
3. Best Stripe: Polarn O. Pyret I love the rainbow stripes on this. It stands out from all the navy/red stripe suits out there.
4. Best Get-in-the-Mood-for-Summer Suit: Zara This suit makes me want a pina colada.
5. Best Rash Guard: Carters
6. Best Retro-Inspired: Janie & Jack I mean, come on. The swim cap? Adorable.
7. Most Likely to Garner Beach Oohs and Ahhs: Vindie Baby Cutest baby on the beach, fo sho.
8. Best Tankini: Land’s End Our one Land’s End kid swimsuit is of superior quality. It’s been passed down from Lainey to Nella, has been through so many wears, and it’s not pilled or stretched out at all.
9. Best Travel-Inspired: Mini Boden
10. Best Bow: Splendid
11. Best Value: Target I love this classic suit, available in several colors–just like Mama’s suit.
1. Best Stripe: Zara Olympic swimmer.
2. Best Reusable Swim Diaper: Honest We have this suit and love it–swim diaper built right in.
3. Best Rash Guard: Tucker & Tate, Nordstrom Great sun protection and still completely stylish.
4. Best Surf Style: Carters
5. Best Shorty Shorts: Mini Boden I love how short these are.
6. Best Outdoorsy Swimwear: Patagonia, Zappos Plenty of room for a disposable swim diaper underneath.
7. Best Print: Hanna Andersson So cute for a Fourth of July swim party.
8. Best Retro One-Piece: Mabel Retro
9. Best Lake Swimwear: Hatley Picture it now–on a dock, little fishing pole in hand.
10. Best Value: Target ($8)
1. Stripe Cover-up, Target
2. Turkish Hooded Poncho Towel, Of One Sea
3. Mexican Peasant Dress Cover-up
4. Saltwater Sandals Our summer staple. You can wear them in the water, and the leather stays just as good as new.
5. Beach Flip-flops At $2.50 a pop, we have several of these in our garage and in the beach bag. My kids go without shoes to the beach sometimes, and it’s nice to have a pair of these on hand for walking on hot pavement)
6. Classic Aviators, Children’s Place
7. Panama Hat, Gap
8. Tortoise Jackie-O Sunglasses, Janie & Jack