Kid rooms are my favorite thing to decorate, and the challenge of creating happy, creative spaces for kids is one I love embracing. We frequently change things up in our kids’ rooms for fun, but items can add up. All my kids’ rooms include a mix of items we splurged on from our favorite stores as well as thrifted finds and steals we found digging around the Internet. I’ve been collecting some favorite kid room items I found on Amazon and only wish I had a few more kids to decorate for. Since I don’t, I’ll share them with you.
1. Toy Storage Basket Love the modern Swiss cross design, natural cotton canvas and the fact that it can fold up when not being used. Great for toys or laundry and pretty enough to leave on display.
2. Moon Lamp It’s gorgeous even when not illuminated, but when it’s glowing…wowza. Comes with a remote to change the lamp to 16 different colors.
3. Pom Pom Star Pillow I love shaped pillows on kid beds. This one is super affordable at $12.95 and has the sweetest pom pom trim.
4. Wool Felt Ball Garland We have colorful wool garland hanging in several different places in our home, and it’s such a source of happiness. Makes a cheerful statement in any kid’s room. This set comes with 2 strands, 24 balls each.
5. Cloud Pillow Another whimsical toss pillow at just the right price (kids’ toss pillows can be expensive!).
6. Retro Schoolhouse Clock I love the simplicity of this clock and have seen similar ones that cost much more. Comes in black or two punchy colors–orange or mint green.
7. Natural Matted 11 x 14 Frame At $15.99, this classic frame with mat is perfect for buying several an creating a gallery wall of photos.
8. Balloon Dog I love finding unique items that are heavy enough to hold up a stack of books on a kid’s dresser. This little guy is a fun conversation piece in any kid’s room. This is the 10 x 9 inch one, but this mini one still adds a cute touch to a dresser top.
9. Rainbow Macrame Garland Such a fun pop of happy colors and texture (and only $10!). Would be darling hanging over a kid’s bed or dresser or hung along the top of a window.
10. Copper Wire Twinkle Lights These babies are a staple in our home and a big part of my “things that make me happy” collection. I love adding a little magical twinkle to kids’ rooms–they’re also great for hanging in forts. I personally like the ones that plug into the wall because I hate changing batteries (and always forget to turn them off before bed).
11. Wood Garment Rack This sturdy garment rack is great for displaying play clothes, creating more storage space where closet space presents a challenge or helping develop some organization and responsibility in a kid’s room (by laying out a week’s worth of clothes and shoes for morning routines).
12. Rainbow Plush Pillow There are some pricey rainbow plush pillows out there (I’ve had my eye on a few), but this one is a nice middle price point. Rainbows make any kid’s room better.
13. Llama Head Wall Decor What kid wouldn’t want this llama friend hanging on their wall?
14. Floating Book Shelves A great way to display favorite kids books but also works great for framed pictures. This 3-pack rustic wood shelf set is narrow enough when you’re short on wall space.
15. Magnetic Wood Picture Hangers I LOVE these! They’re a fun alternative for picture frames and make switching out art easy and quick. They’re also a great way to hang kids’ art projects.