Alright, if you’ve been here a while, you know this list is my thing. Tiny Shit is my love language, and I wait all year to publish this list, collecting links for unique little treasures I find online for months. I spend a lot of hours on this list, searching and scrolling and clicking for all the hidden buried treasures on the Internet, hunting down unique things I think kids and teens will love. And while, yes, it’s tedious, I love it. Stockings are my favorite, and I really do find myself strangely thrilled by the little gifts more and find my kids love them too. This list is my September issue of Vogue, folks, and I’m delighted to bring you another epic stocking stuffer list. I’ve broken them into two lists–one for kids and one for teens–but there are lots of things on this list that serve both. If you want to see the list in Amazon all together, you can view it here. Happy stocking stuffer shopping, friends!
1. Frog Ear Cuff – Whether she has her ears pierced or not, this itty bitty silver frog that hugs the top of the ear is the cutest.
2. Souper Spoon – It’s a bird! It’s a plane! It’s souper spoon! If there never was a fight for the best spoon in the drawer, there will be now. So make sure Santa brings one for each kid’s stocking.
3.Studio Oh Thank You Cards – After all those presents, the kids will have some thank yous to write. These whimsical thank you cards illustrated by Arrolynn Weiderhold are perfect for kids and stocking stuffer budget friendly.
4. Polymer Clay Pizza Earrings – Without entering the abyss that is food jewelry (it’s a thing, and there’s a charm for everything–even ranch dressing), just trust me on this. Girls like pizza. Girls like fun jewelry. Therefore, Santa will charm (get it?) them with these dangle pizza slices.
5. Hedgehog Mittens – When they’re asking for a hedgehog for Christmas and not getting one, maybe they’ll settle for these adorable hedgie mittens. Cannot with these.
6. Kid Watch – Dash’s little obsession with watches is the most precious, so I hope Santa slips in one of these. And when you click on the link, you’ll see the huge variety of styles for this model – fire trucks, strawberries (all the heart eyes!), dolphins, dinosaurs, baseball, basketball, trains, planes, mermaids…
7. Snow Cotton Candy – Did you know the snow at the North Pole is magic and tastes like cotton candy? This 3- pack (one for each kid) will prove it.
8. Finger Breakdancing Kit – complete with cardboard mat and tiny boom box. These little shoes fit on your fingers, and you make them breakdance. Imagine the hilarious videos they’ll film of these.
9. Campfire Nightlight – to cozy up their bedrooms. Coming from the North Pole, Santa is all about the cozy.
10. Vanishing Crayons – These aren’t just any crayons. These are magic crayons, and kids love magic. Especially on Christmas when they can hold you hostage on the couch while they perform for you over and over and over. Pretend to be amazed every time.
11. Bug Sandwich Bags – Every one of these lunch bags has a bug printed on the plastic, so that when your kid shows up at school with a ham and cheese next week, everyone around him will be grossed out. And there’s nothing more fun than grossing out your friends.
12. Pikimi Flip – We’ve been through every small toy trend in this home over the years from rainbow looms to Shopkins, and this is the new hit this year — these plush cotton candy fluffs that flip inside out to reveal a critter, and each one is sweetly scented. They remind me of the 80’s Popples, and I’m actually kind of smitten. But then again, I’m a 10-year-old trapped in a 39 year-old’s body
13. Pinhole Press Photo Board Book – one of our favorite ways to preserve photos for the kids. Your kids will be so impressed to see Santa personalized their stockings when they find a board book complete with photos of themselves over the year.
14. World’s Smallest Toy Blind Box – Santa combines two favorites — miniature with the surprise factor. Kids love the thrill of a blind box, and inside every one is a classic toy shrunken down to the cutest miniature you ever did see.
15. Squirmles – It’s the classic fuzzy pet worm with the invisible string. These have been a huge hit in our home for several years now, and we all get a kick out of making videos of our worms climbing out of cups and scooting across the counter while we talk for them in Marcel the Shell voices.
16. Wooden Toy Camera – A toy camera that is as cute hanging in their bedrooms as it is fun to play with. And it’s only $10.
17. Pet Tornado – A little shake and swirl of this can forms a real tornado that kids will be fascinated by and maybe even learn a little something about science. That Santa — sneaking in learning with his toys.
18. Tiny Hands – The perfect way to get everyone rolling on Christmas day. Warning – once opened, all chances for serious photos are out. Those tiny hands will be showing up in the family album for sure.
19. Mood Ring – It’s a rite of passage for little girls.
20. Bathtub Koi – A realistic looking koi fish that lights up the second it touches water. So turn off the lights for your kid’s next bath and watch the water light up with rainbows while this fish joins them for a swim.
21. Melting Poo – Fact: You can never go wrong with poop and kids. Poop is always funny and greatly appreciated. This poop putty melts and molds, and let’s just leave it at that.
22. Prank Snake – Just so you know, this is totally going to be used against you, but there’s nothing more fun than a prank snake, and everyone knows it. This has appeared in our kids’ stockings before, and two seconds later, the kids are snickering, setting it up in the neighbor’s driveway to give them a Merry Christmas Heart Attack.
23. Rubik’s Cube – It is our job as parents to properly teach our kids about the wonders of the 80’s, and it begins with the Rubik’s Cube. Bonus: It will keep them busy and quiet, and it’s not technology. Unless, of course, they’re using YouTube cheats.
24. Folkmanis Monkey Finger Puppet – These finger puppets make the cutest stocking stuffers and are a great way to start a puppet collection for littles.
25. Break Your Own Geodes – nothing more fun to a kid than smashing rocks, and these one come with a surprise inside. Two in a pack covers the stocking toe for two kids.
26. Petite Collage Magnetic Dress Up Set – One of the sweetest magnetic dress-up sets I’ve seen. Mix and match, perfect size for travel.
27. Magic Coin Slide Trick – Another opportunity for your kids to wow their Christmas guests. Dash is all about the magic and pranks right now. Turn a nickle into a dime with this little trick box.
28. Touchable Bubbles – 6-pack (great for multiple kids). These bubbles are made with polymer so they don’t pop when you touch them.
29. Spot It! – This is the hit game for our family this year. We’ve played it on planes, in restaurants while we’re waiting for our food, and everyone we’ve introduced this to has run off to buy it. Easy to learn, and perfect across all ages.
30. Calico Critter Twin Kittens – It’s the tiny bottle and pacifier that get you.
31. Spokester Bicycle Noise Maker – This little bike accessory transforms trikes into Harleys. Clip it onto the front of any bike, and it makes real motorcycle exhaust sounds.
32. Rainbow Toothbrushes – Sure, new toothbrushes are an old standby of Santa’s, but he’s upping the ante this year with the prettiest toothbrushes you ever did see–rainbow bristles!
33. Magnet Ball Sculpture – A fun fidget toy, these little magnetic balls shape into anything you want.
34. Traveling Slideshow Reusable Bibs – These are funny enough to use well past the normal bib age (I mean, kids still need bibs on spaghetti night, right?)
35. Stacking Chairs – a fun balance game for everyone.
36. Tattly Candy Arm Band Temporary Tattoos – Tattly has the best temporary tattoos, and these candy arm bands can be worn now or saved for Valentine’s Day.
FOR THE TEENS
Show your kids you’re not a regular mom. You’re a cool mom with these unique stocking stuffers just for teens. Or kids who can’t wait to be teens.
1. Ring Light – attaches to phones and i-pads and gives good flattering light for crisp selfies.
2. Bacon Lip Balm – It’s gross and weird, and exactly the reason teens will love it.
3. Flash Drive – Ahhh! These Mimobot flash drives are everything. They come in a range of characters and drive space options.
4. Just Texting on the Toilet Real Quick Hand Sanitizer – because everybody does it.
5. Boxing Glove Pen – Deodorant, toothbrush, pens — I mean, if Santa’s going to throw boring basics in the stocking, at least he could jazz them up. This one covers cool pens.
6. Himalayan Salt Night Light – Himalayan salt lamps are all the rage. This night light version is a sure hit for any teen.
7. Watercolor Pocket Box – All any budding artist needs to get painting. I use this little kit to paint my bucket lists. And it’s small enough to fit in your back pocket.
8. RBG Air Freshener – Whether it’s the car, the locker, or the gym bag, RGB will make sure it stays smelling fresh.
9. Jane Austen Temporary Tattoos – for the literature loving teens.
10. Pit – this fast-learning classic card game will keep the entire family entertained Christmas night.
11. Pantone Magnet Set – these Pantone color chips are actually 3-D wood magnets. Set come with a mini book featuring 30 Pantone colors to show off your current mood (what color means FESTIVE?)
13. Mr. Rogers Sticky Note Set – The world majorly caught on this year and realized that Mr. Rogers is as cool and hip as any pop star. This sticky note set includes two sticky pads (that sweater!) as well as page markers in all the Mr. Rogers’ characters. King Friday will hold your place in that book.
14. Bluetooth Remote – No need to run and reset the self timer. This bluetooth remote takes a picture every time you push the button. (Check the options – the other colors are significantly cheaper than the black one).
15. Cat Ear Beauty Hair Band – Washing your face never looked so cute.
16. Hot Dog Stapler – Perfect for their backpacks.
18. Slime Keyboard Cleaner – These slime blobs are actually meant to be placed on top of your keyboard to clean out all the dust and gunk that gets between the keys.
19. Fruit Slice Earrings – Nine pairs in one set.
21. Sheer Lip Socks – The sheer socks trend has never looked cuter.
22. Can Safe – It’s a can of SpaghettiO’s. Nope, it’s a can disguised as a can of SpaghettiO’s, the perfect place to stash spare keys, cash and more in plain sight.
23. Sunday Football Socks – Blue Q makes the best stocking stuffer socks, by far. Just click around through all the options, and you’ll have five pairs in your cart in no time.
24. Texting Gloves – Can you imagine our parents seeing this on our list twenty years ago? “What the heck are texting gloves?” Keep their hands warm and let them text — you, of course, letting you know they’ll be home soon.
25. Shakespearean Insult Bandages – Your kids will be looking forward to their next paper cut just so they can whip out one of these. Thy breath stinks with eating toasted cheese.
26. Rainbow Stripe Water Bottle – This insulated water bottle kicks all the other water bottles butts.