I hope by now you’re somewhat settled into new school routines and surviving the reentry into the hustle. We’re still in the shoot-for-the-moon phase over here, so when I’m not in car line, moments are filled with monitoring reading charts, helping with homework, confiscating devices, and nary a minute to finish the fall bucket list (it’s coming, I promise!). But a girl can dream, so here are a few things that have sparked joy or thought in between the madness…
1. My sister’s favorite margarita glass. If you’re like me, you’ve been using a juice glass – because a martini glass is too tippy and the margarita glasses from your wedding registry (think Chi-Chi’s) are too clunky. Behold, the goldilocks of margarita glasses. Because a celebratory drink deserves a celebratory glass.
2. This Netflix documentary about the link between soil health and climate change. My sister just watched it and said it’s so good. I added it to my watch list this week after feeling so disheartened about the recent fires and flooding.
3. Three words: ice cream cake. If this recipe doesn’t stop you in your scroll, I don’t know what will. I was climbing on counters and tearing through cupboards to see if I had ingredients for this. They’ve since been added to my shopping list, so stay tuned.
4. My crossbody bag. How does one hold their purse when they’re confiscating a device with one hand and a fidget with the other, you ask? A crossbody. I noticed my friend Katie’s this summer and was all, “Where did you get that?!” This one is real leather for a great price — I get lots of compliments on it.
5. Glass canisters. I don’t know about you, but when my kids are coming down from their school day and the dog is barking and the FedEx guy at the door needs a signature, I feel a little scratchy when I hear the words, “I’m hungry” or “What’s for dinner?”. Creating a self-serve snack bar with these canisters have helped make throwing lunches together and the witching hours, well, a little less witchy.
6. Elf Cosmetics. One of the (many) great things about having nieces and lots of girl cousins is getting the tea on beauty products. They’ve been singing Elf‘s praises for a while now and I finally joined their choir. For a limited time, score free shipping on your first order and the same for subsequent orders over $15. Last I checked, they were having a summer sale. On their already affordable prices. Still not convinced? Check out their ELF Cares tab and read about how they’re living their purpose. (I love their putty blush and eye primer, and my sister and cousin swear by their flawless finish foundation and hydro concealer.
7.) My mini porch refresh. While not quite complete, this little improvement puts a smile on my face every time I pull in the driveway – and I haven’t even added pumpkins yet! Stay tuned for phase 2. You can find my new planters here.
8.) Finally, we’re barely a month in and I’ve already had such positive exchanges with teachers. The academic rigor of high school is hard and school anxiety at any age is real. But empathy and support from teachers makes all the difference in the world. Lainey has come home with the most amazing stories about her teachers and how they are working so hard to make sure each and every student feels safe, seen and celebrated.