It started last year with our summer patch vests, and now as summer inches closer, I’m loving the retro camp vibe for everything. Give me old school running shorts and a pair of tube socks, and I’ll meet you on the field for an archery challenge. I’m seeing the retro camp theme popping up in new clothing collections, and I’m not mad about it one bit. In fact, I took it a step further and designed the kids some camp shirts for our Michigan trip this summer (had them made through Cafepress). This inspired plans for a whole camp day with cousins. There will be sack races and kayak courses and crafts–so many crafts!
And since these campy vibes are making me very happy indeed, I rounded up some of my favorite current retro camp styles out there for kids. Meet me at the A-frame lodge, and I’ll buy you a lanyard from the camp shop.
1. Abercrombie Kids Serious Fun Kids Camp Fitch Tee. Abercrombie Kids nailed it with their Camp Fitch line. So Parent Trap!
2. Peek Kids Forest Ranger Tee
3. Abercrombie Kids Camp Fitch Tee
4. Mini Shatsu Fringe Camp Dress. In love with this funky little camp dress!
5. American Apparel Kids Retro Running Shorts. Run Forest. Run!
6. Camp Brand Goods Patches. Add these fun camp patches to clothes, tote bags, backpacks.
7. Hudson Bay Hooded Towel. Hudson Bay Stripes are classic summer camp vibes. Toss this over the little one after a day of swimming or boating.
8. REI Camp Shirt. The basic foundation of a summer camp wardrobe.
9. Kids Retro Tube Socks: My kids have these socks, and we love them! They look adorable with shorty shorts and skirts alike.
10. Kids Retro Puma Sneakers: Summer adventure calls for scuffed up retro sneakers.
11. Mini Shatsu Camp Shorts
12. Mini Boden Applique Archery Tee
13. Mud Pie Gone Fishing Baseball Tee
14. Shop Geo Adventure Journal. I’m so in love with these handmade journals my friend Nici makes. Can’t wait to keep track of our summer adventures in ours.