I love the photo of the mama in the bikini that went viral last week and her words about her body. And then in the same week, a former sponsor and beautiful woman who I follow on IG posted this, and I wanted to grab some poms poms and march in her parade.
Shopping for swimsuits isn’t every woman’s favorite thing to do, but thankfully a lot of swimsuit makers know that, and they want you to feel good.
I tend to lean towards retro style suits but mostly want what every woman wants–support the girls, cover my butt, make me look cute.
With that said, here are a few of my favorite swimsuits and accessories for moms right now:
1. Seafolly Coastline Boyleg Suit, Anthropologie. Vertical stripes plus boy short plus support for the ladies equals total win.
2. Paisley Twist One Piece, Anthropologie. I love the 2-piece/high waist look of this.
3. Vintage “Grace” Polkadot Suit, Popina Swimwear. I have this suit in three different patterns, and it’s my go-to suit for everything. Fun and retro, love the polka dot, and it doesn’t leave your butt hanging out like so many other suits do. There’s really no other way to say that.
4. Nanette Lepore. Tried this suit on the other day. Love the pattern, love the support, love piping and bustier detail.
5. Miraclesuit Crisscross Halter. I’m obsessed with this suit after seeing a woman on the beach with it and walking up to ask her where she got it. Have you ever tried on a Miraclesuit? It sucks in, supports and holds everything like, well, a miracle. Size up at least one size though. They aren’t kidding when they say it sucks you in. This style is super flattering on any body type.
1. Vintage Swim Sundress. Drapey, beachy, easy cover-up. And super affordable.
2. Crochet Beach Dress, ASOS This baby’s on major sale right now. I love white on a beach.
3. Tumbleweed Maple Sunglasses, Fab. Cute unexpected maple wood frames and a nice round-meets-cat-eye edge.
4. Mexican Embroidered Cover-up. This cover-up is my go-to style for the beach.
5. Floral Rash Vest, Boden I’ve never worn a rash guard, but after seeing this suit, I totally would. LOVE the 70’s floral print.
6. Kenneth Cole Stripe Tunic Cover-up. Stripes always win. And this cover-up is super comfortable.